10A UPSU is a 12V or 24V Embedded-/Industrial-UPS. It is available with Ultracapacitors or with Batteries.
- 12V and 24V version available
- Ultracapacitor / Supercapacitor or LiFePO4-Battery variant available
- Each 10A UPSU is in DIN-Rail case and as PC104 PCB version available
- Ultracapacitor / supercapacitor or battery already assembled, no additional battery-/ultracapacitor-packs required
- Small form factor and design for rugged environments
- Relais signal outputs, 10A
- USB for monitoring
- 160W (24V) / 120W (12V) output power
- Regulated 12V/24V output voltage
Uninterruptible power supply (UPS), designed for embedded- and industrial applications
Power interruptions or voltage faults can result in high costs in embedded and industrial applications.
The 10A UPSU in its 8 variants provides an ideal solution for various applications:
PLC, automation systems, embedded computers, rugged environments, ...
The rugged design of the 10A UPSU protects from transients on the power rail. A fuse on the voltage input and on the voltage output protects from short circuits and reverse polarities. With the relais output signals, industrial computers can shut down or transmit a message in the case of input voltage failure. The USB communication allows to read out voltages, temperature and receiving shutdown triggers. 10A UPSU is one of the smallest industrial-/embedded UPS solution in its power class.
Which 10A UPSU variant is the right one for which application?
- Voltage range: Choose 12V or 24V variant
- Ultracapacitor energy storage: Choose a variant without a 'B' in the name
- Battery energy storage: Choose a Variant with a 'B' in the name
- DIN-Rail case or PCB Version: Choose a 10A UPSU variant with or without 'DIN'-Suffix
Specifications and 10A UPSU variants
Advantages and disadvantages: Batteries vs. Ultracapacitors/Supercapacitors
Conclusion of Batteries vs. Ultracapacitors:
- The most significant disadvantage of Ultracapacitors in compare to batteries is the low energy densitiy.
- The most significant disadvantage of Batteries in compare to Ultracapacitors is the reduced cycle life, the reduced lifetime and the handling.
Note: Depending on battery type, the following specifications can differ.
|Time to charge||Slow||Very fast|
|Shelf life||Not recommendet, note handling and care||Uncomplicated|
|Stored energy (energy density)||High||Low|
|Power output (power density)||Middle||High|
|Low temperatures||Output power high reduced (ESR much higher)
Capacity reduced strongly
|Output power reduced after longer using in low temperatures (ESR increases)|
|High temperatures||Reduced cycle life||Capacity decreases when longer used at high temperature|
|Deep discharge||Capacity decreases, safety risk possible||uncomplicated down to 0V, no negative effects|
|Transport/International shipping||Observe regulations||Uncomplicated (no chemical energy storage)|
Contact us / Design-support
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more informations or customer specific requirements.
All products are listed in our shop.