10A UPSU is a 12V or 24V Embedded-/Industrial-UPS. It is available with Ultracapacitors or with Batteries.
- 12V and 24V version available
- Ultracapacitor / Supercapacitor or LiFePO4-Battery variant available
- Each 10A UPSU is in DIN-Rail case and as PC104 PCB version available
- Ultracapacitor / supercapacitor or battery already assembled, no additional battery-/ultracapacitor-packs required
- Small form factor and design for rugged environments
- Relais signal outputs, 10A
- USB for monitoring
- 160W (24V) / 120W (12V) output power
- Regulated 12V/24V output voltage
Uninterruptible power supply (UPS), designed for embedded- and industrial applications
Power interruptions or voltage faults can result in high costs in embedded and industrial applications.
The 10A UPSU in its 8 variants provides an ideal solution for various applications:
PLC, automation systems, embedded computers, rugged environments, ...
The rugged design of the 10A UPSU protects from transients on the power rail. A fuse on the voltage input and on the voltage output protects from short circuits and reverse polarities. With the relais output signals, industrial computers can shut down or transmit a message in the case of input voltage failure. The USB communication allows to read out voltages, temperature and receiving shutdown triggers. 10A UPSU is one of the smallest industrial-/embedded UPS solution in its power class.
Which 10A UPSU variant is the right one for which application?
- Voltage range: Choose 12V or 24V variant
- Ultracapacitor energy storage: Choose a variant without a 'B' in the name
- Battery energy storage: Choose a Variant with a 'B' in the name
- DIN-Rail case or PCB Version: Choose a 10A UPSU variant with or without 'DIN'-Suffix
Specifications and 10A UPSU variants
Advantages and disadvantages: Batteries vs. Ultracapacitors/Supercapacitors
Conclusion of Batteries vs. Ultracapacitors:
- The most significant disadvantage of Ultracapacitors in compare to batteries is the low energy densitiy.
- The most significant disadvantage of Batteries in compare to Ultracapacitors is the reduced cycle life, the reduced lifetime and the handling.
Note: Depending on battery type, the following specifications can differ.
|Time to charge||Slow||Very fast|
|Shelf life||Not recommendet, note handling and care||Uncomplicated|
|Stored energy (energy density)||High||Low|
|Power output (power density)||Middle||High|
|Low temperatures||Output power high reduced (ESR much higher)
Capacity reduced strongly
|Output power reduced after longer using in low temperatures (ESR increases)|
|High temperatures||Reduced cycle life||Capacity decreases when longer used at high temperature|
|Deep discharge||Capacity decreases, safety risk possible||uncomplicated down to 0V, no negative effects|
|Transport/International shipping||Observe regulations||Uncomplicated (no chemical energy storage)|
Contact us / Design-support
Please do not hesitate to place your inquiry, also if you need more informations or have customer specific requirements.
You can use our convenient inquiry formular for UPS solutions.
inventlab GmbH is spezialized in Supercapacitor-UPS solutions. We provide Supercapacitor-solutions for every application: UPS as PCB, for DIN-Rail mounting and even for rugged environments. From 3.3 V over 24 V up to 230 V or with ATX connection for Mainboards.
UPS solutions for industrial use, automation, IT, medical, security, digital-signage, telecommunication, defense, marine or aviation.